Hiawatha Highlands is a premier destination for winter recreation and sports.
We offer over 50 km of trails (2 km are lit until 10:00 PM). Enjoy the soothing sounds of the whispering pines and the magnificent views in our winter wonderland. Trail systems cater from the beginner to the advanced and welcomes both classic and skate skiing. We also have snowshoeing and fat biking as well as events and activities for all abilities and age groups.
Free parking and the warmth of the Kinsmen Centre is available for all trail pass holders to use seven days per week during peak season. Come in and enjoy a hot beverage or a quick snack.
Come north for some of the continent’s finest winter recreation and enjoy many of our fine accommodations, shopping and restaurants in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario Canada.
Hiawatha Highlands is a division of Soo Finnish Nordic Ski Club Non-profit Inc.
Hiawatha Highlands operates in a manner that protects its trail pass holders and employees while respecting our environment. We believe that health and safety is our paramount objective and is a responsibility shared by everyone involved.
Hiawatha Highlands would like to acknowledge all of the land owners involved in the trails.
- The Kinsmen Club of Sault Ste. Marie
- Sault Ste. Marie Regional Conservation Authority
- Steinberg family
- Farmer Bob at Mocking Bird Hill Farms
- Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry
- Bible Fellowship Church
Thank you for your support in providing over 50 km of trails for trail pass holders to enjoy Winter recreation.
Business Strategy 2018-2021
Overarching Guiding Principles
Attitude of excellence
Always maintain trails to high standards
Ensure long-term viability through fiscal responsibility
- Address governance and oversight to manage the business for long-term success
- Anticipate and advance positioning as a unique outdoor winter fitness hub
- Foster relationships and synergies to add value to the customer experience
- Deliver exceptional ski trails
- Deliver exceptional customer service in all that we do
- Develop and execute marketing campaigns to increase awareness within the full market area
When you work at Hiawatha Highlands, you're joining a great team environment, dedicated to providing the best experience for our customers.
We are looking to fill the following positions to our team for the 2019/2020 Winter season. All of our positions are seasonal. Must have own transportation as there is no public transit available to our location.
Customer Service Representative -Seasonal (Evenings/Weekends)
- Front desk – answering the telephone, relaying info, taking messages, selling passes, outfitting customers with equipment, producing of the season pass cards using computers and printer, entering trail condition updates on website, preparing and serving of food and beverages, constant inventory of equipment and retail sale items, cash outs, etc.
- Ski cleaning, waxing and repairs to our inventory and as a chargeable service to the public.
- Provide routine information on trail conditions and grooming schedule, as required.
- Prepare incident reports, as required, including all supporting documentation.
- General maintenance skills - use of power tools, heavy lifting, shovelling, cleaning.
- Continuous teaching and learning
- Other ski-related duties as assigned by the Co-Managers.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date is October 31st
Social Media Specialist
Hiawatha Highlands is looking for a driven Social Media Specialist to administer our social media accounts. You will be responsible for creating original text and video content, managing posts and responding to followers. You will manage the company image in a cohesive way to achieve our marketing goals. You should be up to date with the latest digital technologies and social media trends, have excellent communication skills and be able to express a passion for our company creatively. You should be able to handle our social media presence ensuring high levels of web traffic and customer engagement. This position is a part-time position (approximately 10hrs/wk) at $20/hour.
- Perform research on current benchmark trends and audience preferences
- Design and implement a social media strategy to align with goals of the business
- Set specific objectives and report on ROI
- Setting up and optimizing company pages within each social medial platform
- Generate, edit, publish and share engaging content daily (e.g original text, photos, videos and news) that builds meaningful connections
- Draft content (e.g. press releases) for mass media or company website
- Monitor web traffic metrics
- Collaborate with team members to ensure consistency and accuracy of information and representation of the business
- Communicate with followers, respond to queries in a timely manner and monitor customer reviews
- Oversee social media accounts’ design (eg. Timelines, cover, profile pictures, layout)
- Suggest and implement new features to develop brand awareness, like promotions and competitions
- Stay up to date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications
- Proven working experience in social media marketing
- Excellent consulting, writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation and communication skills
- Ability to deliver creative content (photo/video/text) using your own hardware/software
- Demonstrable social networking experience and social analytics tool knowledge
- Knowledge of online marketing channels
- Positive attitude, detail and customer oriented with good multitasking and organizational ability
- Fluency in English
How to Apply:
- Please send resume to email@example.com by October 2, 2020.
Only those selected for interviews will be contacted
Volunteering with Hiawatha Highlands is a rewarding experience!
We're always looking for volunteers to help with the following:
Snow School - volunteer instructors/helpers with elementary school age children who come with their classes to ski or snowshoe.
Events - We hold several events throughout the season. Help with set-up, running and tear-down are needed and appreciated.
Trail pass checking - We run random checks for valid trail passes throughout the season to ensure everyone is complying with the rules. If you're interested in helping with this important aspect of our operation, please let us know.
For more information or to volunteer your time, please contact us here: firstname.lastname@example.org