Hiawatha Highlands is a premier destination for winter recreation and sports.
We offer over 50 km of trails (2 km are lit until 10:00 PM). Enjoy the soothing sounds of the whispering pines and the magnificent views in our winter wonderland. Trail systems cater from the beginner to the advanced and welcomes both classic and skate skiing. We also have snowshoeing and fat biking as well as events and activities for all abilities and age groups.
Free parking and the warmth of the Kinsmen Centre is available for all trail pass holders to use seven days per week during peak season. Come in and enjoy a hot beverage or a quick snack.
Come north for some of the continent’s finest winter recreation and enjoy many of our fine accommodations, shopping and restaurants in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario Canada.
Hiawatha Highlands is a division of Soo Finnish Nordic Ski Club Non-profit Inc.
Hiawatha Highlands operates in a manner that protects its trail pass holders and employees while respecting our environment. We believe that health and safety is our paramount objective and is a responsibility shared by everyone involved.
Hiawatha Highlands would like to acknowledge all of the land owners involved in the trails.
- The Kinsmen Club of Sault Ste. Marie
- Sault Ste. Marie Regional Conservation Authority
- Steinberg family
- Farmer Bob at Mocking Bird Hill Farms
- Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry
- Bible Fellowship Church
Thank you for your support in providing over 50 km of trails for trail pass holders to enjoy Winter recreation.
Business Strategy 2018-2021
Overarching Guiding Principles
Attitude of excellence
Always maintain trails to high standards
Ensure long-term viability through fiscal responsibility
- Address governance and oversight to manage the business for long-term success
- Anticipate and advance positioning as a unique outdoor winter fitness hub
- Foster relationships and synergies to add value to the customer experience
- Deliver exceptional ski trails
- Deliver exceptional customer service in all that we do
- Develop and execute marketing campaigns to increase awareness within the full market area
When you work at Hiawatha Highlands, you're joining a great team environment, dedicated to providing the best experience for our customers.
We are looking to fill the following positions to our team for the 2019/2020 Winter season. All of our positions are seasonal. Must have own transportation as there is no public transit available to our location.
- Ability to XC Ski both Classic and Skate is required.
- Level 1 CANSI instructor and or experience an asset, training courses available.
- Coordinate the bookings with your schedule, assess the lessons-fix/fine tune and develop a log book of this season’s experiences, recommendations, highlights.
- Get all necessary equipment in place and in working order for the lesson.
- Teach basic/advanced techniques for XC skiing both classic and skate
- Continuous teaching and learning
- Provide routine information on trail conditions and grooming.
- Prepare incident reports, as required, including all supporting documentation.
- Other ski-related duties as assigned by the Co-Managers.
Application Deadline: October 31, 2019.
Apply to email@example.com
Volunteering with Hiawatha Highlands is a rewarding experience!
We're always looking for volunteers to help with the following:
Snow School - volunteer instructors/helpers with elementary school age children who come with their classes to ski or snowshoe.
Events - We hold several events throughout the season. Help with set-up, running and tear-down are needed and appreciated.
Trail pass checking - We run random checks for valid trail passes throughout the season to ensure everyone is complying with the rules. If you're interested in helping with this important aspect of our operation, please let us know.
For more information or to volunteer your time, please contact us here: firstname.lastname@example.org