Cross Country Ski Trail Groomer Operator
Hiawatha Highlands is looking to hire and train a part-time Cross Country Ski Trail Groomer Operator. The successful candidate will be responsible for day-to-day grooming and snow management of Hiawatha Highlands’ cross country ski trail network. The safe and careful operation of a modern fleet of Snow Cat, Can Am Side by Side, as well as snowmobile grooming equipment is required. This is a seasonal role and requires the flexibility to work weekends and nights.
The candidate would be reporting to the Manager of Hiawatha Highlands, as well as working with other Groomer Operators.
The desired candidate will possess:
Prior experience operating heavy equipment
- Ability to carry out routine maintenance on both the Snow Cat and snow machines
- Ability to maintain accounts for equipment and gas
- Ability to monitor and document fuel consumption and to order fuel
- Construction skills eg. installing and removing trails signage
- Ability to take photos and update website of trail conditions
- Ability to multi-task and follow direction
- Attention to safe and responsible manner
- Valid Driver’s License
We wish to thank all applicants for the interest, but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Interested applicants are invited to send their resume to email@example.com or drop off in person at Hiawatha Highlands Office, 780 Landslide Road, Sault Ste. Marie, ON. Closing Date is February 9th, 2018.