It’s a delightful -22 degrees here, but projected to warm up to -7 this afternoon. We’re gearing up excitedly for the Jackrabbit Olympics! All trails were freshly groomed yesterday, and the Pinder system was done this morning. Hope to see you out here for some fun skiing and a barbeque
February 27, 2015
February 26, 2015
We have been circulating an information flyer over the past few weeks…this is it if you did not get one.
Just Snow You Know!
- It is the paying skier fees that maintain the ski trails on and off ski season.
- A season pass is paid for in approximately 10 day pass visits.
- This is NOT crown land. Each System has landowners.
- The Pinder system is owned by the SSMRCA and private land owners.
- Red Pine is owned by the MNR, SSMRCA & ORC.
- Crystal System is owned Kinsmen Club of SSM and SSMRCA.
- Hiawatha Highlands/Soo Finnish Ski Club has a land use agreement with them.
- Skiing the trails without a valid pass could result in a theft of sales charge.
- Walking on the ski trails could result in a trespassing & vandalism charge.
- Walking your dog on the trails is a double no no!
- The foot prints and dog droppings could cause a skier to have an accident.
- It costs approx. $150 to fix the trails after walkers have enjoyed them.
- Snowshoe trails are a separate trail system from the ski trails.
February 26, 2015
February 25, 2015
February 24, 2015
Wow, 6cm of fresh snow since we started to groom this morning. The Kinsmen and Pinder systems have been groomed this am. Temp sitting at -9c, come out and enjoy the warmer weather. UPDATE: The Crystal and Red Pine System are now complete, and the Kinsmen has been regroomed. (2:00 p.m)
Nice temp at 5:00p (-7.6C). Sun sets at 6:13 pm. Feels good to be skiing today!
February 23, 2015
February 22, 2015
Good morning! It’s a nice fresh -15 degrees out here, and the Pinder and the Kinsmen 2km system were both freshly groomed yesterday. All of our trails are in great shape and have set up nicely with the continued cold weather. Conditions are fast as the snow becomes more transformed. Mabel Lake is groomed and ready to go for the tour today!